Dr. Rosann Volmert
Doctor of Osteopathy
Dr. Volmert has a wide range of experience both in family and osteopathic medicine. She maintains a private practice in Montrose, California, is an Associate Clinical Professor at Western University of Health Sciences, and is a member of the West Coast Tides Osteopathic Medicine Study Group. In addition, she is an avid hiker and student of the natural world.
Osteopaths are fully trained and licensed physicians, capable of practicing the entire range of and scope of medicine, Family medicine, obstetrics, surgery, neurology etc. In addition to receiving the same rigorous training as MDs, DO’s undergo an additional 300 to 500 hours of training in the body’s muscular and skeletal systems.
“Living anatomy” refers to the natural movement of fluids, tissues, and bones in the body. When unobstructed, these motions allow the body to maintain a state of health and homeostasis. When motion is impaired do to illness, trauma, or chronic pain, health problems occur. Osteopathic treatments help remove dysfunction and restore motion.
Osteopaths employ a variety of gentle, hands on techniques designed to free restrictions in the movement of fluid, muscles, fascia, joints, and bones. These techniques include the use of gentle pressure, muscle contraction, and repositioning of the body. The goal of all osteopathic treatments is to free restrictions.
- Born in Pasadena, California, Dr. Volmert was raised in the foothill communities of Sierra Madre and Arcadia.
- Bachelor of Science degree in biology from The University of California at Irvine.
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from the Western University of Health Sciences.
- Hospital internship at Eastmoreland Hospital in Portland, Oregon.
- Two years of training in Family Medicine, hospital & out patient care at Doctors Hospital of Montclair in California.
- Postgraduate training and board certification in Family Medicine and Osteopathic Medicine.
- Dr. Volmert went to work for four years at the Laguna Beach Community Clinic and two years at Arroyo Vista Family Health Center in Highland Park.
- In 2003 Dr. Volmert went into private practice first in Pasadena and now in Montrose.
- Serves on the board of directors of Nature Friends Los Angeles.
- Dr. Volmert logs numerous hours every year as an assistant Clinical Professor at the College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific.
- She is also director of “West Coast Tides,” a physicians Study Group dedicated to exploring the new frontiers of osteopathic medicine.
- She has published articles and blogs on websites and industry newsletters.
Dr. Volmert is a member of the following organizations: